eTickr.com

Sunday, January 2, 2011

What the word 'CHRISTMAS' means to me...

Kathy received a pair of prada shoes whereas Nathan got a guess shirt. Nixon wanted a new set of Wii and had it last Christmas. Thea's jaw dropped for her friends gave her a Red Dot cocktail dress. Marie and Claire hopped out the box when their parents bought them a new Asus laptop. What branded things they have received this Christmas, however, its brand is not the thing that matters...

Christmas isn't Christmas without Christmas party. And during this times, students would want something good. Good enough for them to satisfy their cravings. Well, who wouldn't want expensive and branded things for Christmas? It might be the best Christmas gift ever!

When we receive something good, we would all be like a hippy-happy jumping with joy and all. However, when we receive something that is not-so-good we tend to let sadness in our hearts.When I was a kid, there were times when I was obsessed with gifts. I would want everything for Christmas. I usually open my gifts as fast as I could as soon as i received them. And it has been a lot of times that frown's been plastered on my face and I would give a staggering fierce glare to the one who had given me that not-so-good gift.

But now is different. A lot more different than that of before. I was able to apprehend the simple yet true meaning of Christmas. It is neither about the material things nor the brands. How much it costs,its size or how the gift was perfectly done with wrappings and trimmings, all of it doesn't matter.
It is all about appreciating simple things or deeds and still finding happiness from it.
Even how cheap that gift is, at least someone hadn't forgotten you all this time. Even how small that gift is, at least someone out there has a big heart to give you that one. And its Christmas, my dear. Giving implies more than receiving.

If you received something not-so-good this Christmas, try to see what's behind it. It's like reading between the lines, you know. And when you've found what is behind that gift , surely you will be shocked for you will find something abstract. You can't see, hear, smell, touch, and taste. Something a person cannot physically interact with.

So, you tell me what you've found and I'll tell you mine.



1 comment: