eTickr.com

Thursday, February 17, 2011

From Within

“Change is the only permanent thing in this world” the mediocre said for the thousandth time. Sounds so cliché isn’t it? Overused phrase as you may call but it speaks for the truth, the truth some people may only ignore and others try to conceal with other things. It is the only truth that could open our eyes from blinding ignorance.

Embracing change is one hell thing I am not in favor of. I am always afraid of taking chances and most of the time I always ask God for me and for everybody else to stay the same. However, I may have the power to stop the French bullet train but something tells me I can never really stop the 6-letter word—CHANGE in penetrating the whole world.

It’s the truth and for the past years I noticed I kept on running away from it. But there came a time, when I woke up early in the morning and realized I was slowly changing. Change I didn’t noticed while I was busy doing and messing things up my life. I grew up physically, emotionally, socially, mentally and spiritually. I developed some characteristics and attitudes that helped me build my self-confidence and forced me to go out in my shell. I met new friends who became my confidantes and soul-sistas. I acquired knowledge that could help me in the future and at present.

Not only that, I also became aware of the social issues around me and I even tried to look into it. Many changes came and it took me few more seconds to decide whether to keep up with fast pace of life or not. And I did accept the challenge of embracing changes for that time I saw there’s nothing really wrong with it.

As I grow older, I became more apprehensive not senile, my friend. The future of the next generations and the world lies within our very own hands. If we will not change for good, nothing good will happen too.

Time to time I learn, stumble, get up and move forward. With the experiences I still gain, I always learn something from them. I don’t live anymore in fantasy. I have learned to open my eyes to the reality of today.

Before changing the world, let us try to look at the mirror first. Let us also change for the betterment and change should always start from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment