eTickr.com

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vavaboom Feast

It was a fair weather day and people in every corner of Vigan fled to the heart of the city to witness the annual event. Youngsters, senior citizens, passers by-- all of them gathered up. January 25 was the day everyone's been waiting for and when the siren started to fill the busy streets of Vigan , the mammoth crowd came into life and the fete had began.
The Grand parade is being held every city fiesta and it is one of the most sought-after event of the people of Vigan and its neighboring locales.It is to commemorate the conversion of St. Paul the Apostle( formerly known as Saul), the patron saint of Vigan. Here, all government sects, students from different institutions, educators, officials, business stakeholders came to join and celebrate.
One thing I can't forget about January 25th was the role that I played for the very first time. I neither wore a flashy abel yloco dress while my waving my hand at the people on a gigantic float nor the beauty queen of a certain popularity contest in a colorful maquillage; it was something more respected though.
For the very first time I participated in the parade with our school's CAT-I Unit. In my complete uniform, with all the paraphernalias( i.e. maroon neckerchief, white gloves, sword etc.), I could say I look more dignified. :) And it was an experience wherein I and my colleagues can prove that our unit is the best among the others. Well, being one of the front runners and one of those who belong in th corps staff, it was really something that I'm really very proud of.
Then, the parade came to its end and the mammoth crowd already dispersed. People were able to continue their routine that day.However, I can say that at the end of that day, we were able to perceive plenty praises and compliments from the viewers and from other schools.
It was, in retrospect, the happiest day of my life. And you know what, January 25, 2011 was one noteworthy date for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment