eTickr.com

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Can. I Will.

I see myself, ten years or fifteen years from now wearing a laboratory gown. Maybe you’re wondering why I’d prefer wearing a lab gown rather cool flashy dresses in the future. Well, here’s a secret I want to impart with you…

It was never been really my dream to be wearing lab gown while holding stethoscope (which is most of the time, trust me) years from now. It never came cross in my mind not until Dec. 23, 2010.

Choosing your future career doesn’t always sound that easy. Pressure here, and there. There are just so many things to take in consideration. What my parents want, what I want, what my relatives want, it’s everybody’s hankering. Your future employment is also one factor.

I have undergone several tests to determine the best course fitted for me, but it doesn’t seem to work out as well. I kept on wondering for so long. Months, weeks, days had passed and then in a snap I knew what I would become. I want to become a DOCTOR, that’s for sure now.

I used most of my time thinking about the consequences I may face in making this decision. I made plans including the stepping stones for me to achieve my dream. I kept on pondering on that topic the whole time. My decision was not influenced by anyone…I can say I did it all by myself. Before, if someone asks me if what I would become in the future, I would always answer “I would become a nurse”. Yes, a successful nurse. However, things seem to be changing. And I also grasp for the same thing, changing my mind like a girl changes her clothes.

Now, it’s quite different for I am already 100% sure of my chosen career. It does require lots of thinking but I guess it’s all worth it of my time. At least, I already know what path I will take.

The road maybe rough but, perhaps, I can surpass it. I feel certain that I am not alone fighting in this battle. I can perceive Him. He and the others will help me pass these tests of life.

Soon, they’ll all be calling me Dr. Pam. And my parents, I hope, would be very proud of me for their daughter has already achieve her sole dream in life and that is to become a professional with the vision of helping the people who are under the weather.

I know I can. Therefore, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment